Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Save money on your cable bill

Whoa! It has been almost a year since my last blog entry! Here is a fresh tip. I recently decided I wanted to reduce my cable bill. So there are two choices: switch or negotiate a lower rate with current provider. I personally like my AT&T Uverse service. My bill for my package including premium channels was $150 a month. Do not call the regular customer service line. You need to call the customer retention phone number for who ever your cable provider is and use the following line:

"Hi (insert rep name here), I received a special offer from (insert competitor name here) and I am thinking about switching services. I enjoy my service, but want to make sure I am getting the best deal. Is there any special offers or rate you can apply to my account?"

I used this line and the rep said he would check and be right back. Sure enough, the rep comes back on the line and without a fuss or hassle said he could give me the same package I currently have, but lower my monthly bill after taxes to $100 for 12 months! That is a savings of $600 over the next 12 months for a 5 minute phone call!

No comments:

Post a Comment